© Written By Jimmy Sweeney
President of CareerJimmy and Author of the new,
"Amazing Cover Letter Creator"
Free cover letter help made as simple as 1, 2, 3!
No matter how much education someone has, or how much job experience, a little free cover letter help is always useful.
Here is some "free cover letter help" basics.
1. Keep it short and sweet. In the first place, cover letter's should be brief. A cover letter should never go over one page in length, and three or four paragraphs is the proper length.
2. Be Specific. The letter should be addressed to a specific person. Instead of something generic like "To whom it may concern" or "Sir/Madam" do a little research beforehand and find out the name of the person who makes the interviewing decisions.
3. Grab attention before you blab. The first sentence of the cover letter should seize the reader's attention. "Enclosed please find resume" doesn't count. One strategy to get the reader involved from the start is to ask a question.
Need more cover letter help? Just keep reading!
4. Say it like you mean it. In the body of the letter, as you explain how your experience makes you the solution to the position being offered, use action-packed words. These words show the enthusiasm and passion that an employer wants to see in a new hire. Don't be afraid to show you personality a little bit!
5. Make the request. Here's some solid free cover letter help that is rarely used properly: ASK for the interview in your cover letter. Landing the job interview is, after all, the only reason you should be writing the cover letter in the first place.
6. Finally, here's another piece of advice: Use a P.S. (Post Script) which people love to read first before they read the letter. A good use of the P.S. at the bottom of your job search cover letter is the best free cover letter help I can offer you. Use the P.S. to quickly summarize your cover letter and clearly ask for the job interview.
For more free cover letter help, you can go to book stores, search online
for more help or check out the site below for more great tips.
Next article: Professional-Strength Professional Cover Letter Help
Previous article: A Cover Letter Tip That's Guaranteed!
Click here for your instant but not free cover letter help right now!
© Copyright Amazing Cover Letters